In 2021, the Anglican Diocese of Willochra will award the Willochra Bursary to one or more Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island students to assist them with the costs associated with completing year 12.
The Willochra Bursary – who is eligible?
* You identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
* You live in north-western rural South Australia — Yorke Peninsula, the Mid-North, Eyre Peninsula, the Flinders region or outback South Australia
* You intend to complete Year 12
* You recognize the importance of education for your future
* You would like assistance with the costs associated with completing Year 12
The Anglican Church wants to help ‘close the gap’ in educational disadvantage for indigenous students. Each Bursary winner receives $750. Applicants are notified in December if they have been successful and the Bursary is presented to the student at the beginning of the next school year.
How do you apply?
* Ask for an application form at your school or email The Rev’d Anne Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone her on 0418 304 663
* Complete the form and ask your school principal to complete your application and submit it by Friday 16th October, 2020
* If successful, discuss your expense claim with the mentor assigned to you. Then payment is made by Anglican Church Office.
* Receive your Bursary Certificate at a presentation ceremony at a school assembly.