The purpose of the Student Representative Council (SRC) is to build relationships and school pride through a shared responsibility to decision making processes with a focus on teaching and learning. It facilitates student participation within schools and the community. The Student Representative Council is committed to responding to student concerns and needs by supporting students to speak up about improving student facilities, reporting to students and tackling student issues such as racism, bullying, sexism and other discrimination.
To promote strong leadership within the school students are exposed to many opportunities to develop their leadership capacity. This includes Induction Camp, Local Leadership Training Opportunities, Public Speaking Opportunities and Event Organization.
Role of Student Representative Council
The role of Student Representative Council is to act in accordance with Edward John Eyre High School’s Site Improvement Plan and SRC Priorities. These roles include:
• Representing the student body through the Edward John Eyre High School’s decision making process
• Establishing and developing student-driven initiatives and programs
• Collecting evidence and advising staff of the learning process from a student perspective
• Developing student leadership and personal development
• Collaborating with appropriate staff to design and implement activities for transition visits to establish the connection to Edward John Eyre High School for middle school students
• Provide opportunities for all students to share their opinions, issues and ideas through their SRC members and feedback platforms to ensure student issues, opinions and ideas are appropriately communicated to relevant parties and actioned.
Student Representative Council Members
The Student Representative Council is established by the 16 elected House Captains and Vice Captains. It is led by 7 Elected Student Representatives known as the Executive Committee. The leadership positions of the Executive Committee are: two Year 12 Presidents, two Year 11 Vice Presidents, Secretary, Treasurer and Publicity Officer.