This course is suitable for individuals who require further foundation skills development to prepare for workforce entry or vocational training pathways.
The program is held at TAFE SA with the school providing transport and wellbeing support for students. Students will have access to all TAFE SA facilities including computing suits, library and the student lounge.
TAFE SA is an adult learning environment and expectations around this program will be in alignment with this.
It is suitable for students who wish to:
– Pursue a pathway to employment or vocational training.
– Receive intensive support in Reading, writing, numeracy, oral communication and learning skills.
– Develop Entry level digital literacy employability skills.
– Receive specialist career counselling and exploration.
In addition students will be provided an opportunity to participate in a number of ‘skills sets’ in support of their pursuit of a career or vocational pathway.
These skills sets include:
– Hair and Beauty
– Trades; White Card
– Hospitality; Barista/RSA/RSG
– Information Technology
– Health Services
– Early Childhood
– First Aid/Well-being & Resilience
There is no Material and Services charge from Edward John Eyre High School for enrolling in this program.